Apple released this information about the company yesterday at the WWDC:
- 54 million Mac users worldwide
- Mac grew 28% while PC market shrank 1%
- Mac sales are 73% notebooks, 27% desktops.
- Mac App Store is now the #1 PC software channel over Best Buy and Walmart
- Pixelmator made $1 million in its first 20 days, quadrupling its revenue.
- over 200 million iOS devices sold
- more than 44% of installed mobile user base
- 25 million iPads in first 14 months
- 15 billion songs sold in the iTunes store
- #1 music retailer in the world
- iBookstore downloads topped 130 million; six publishers on board
- 425,000 apps in the App Store; 90,00 are for the iPad
- 14 billion apps downloaded from the App Store
- Apple paid out more than US$2.5 billion to devs
- 225 million iTunes accounts
- 50 million Game Center users
- iPhone 4 is number two camera, not just smartphone camera, but camera on Flickr
Original post from TUAW
If you liked this article, you may also like:
|App Store Hits Over 15 Billion Downloads||Statistics from WWDC 2012||Consumers Buy 3 Times As Many Apps As Music on iTunes||iPhone 4S Sees Over 4 Million Sales in First Week –…|
Incoming Search Terms:
apple statistics 2011 (483) iphone statistics 2011 (235) iphone statistics (181) ipod statistics (165) iphone users statistics 2011 (99) apple stats 2011 (96) iphone user statistics 2011 (55) apple users statistics (46) iphone stats 2011 (44) ipod statistics 2011 (42)
Charles is the founder and administrator of iTracki.com. After years of following and keeping up with Apple products, he founded this website and worked with others to bring the best news, reviews, tutorials, and editorials straight to you.