After jailbreaking using the new JailbreakMe 3.0, Verizon iPhone users were experiencing bugs like being stuck on the bootlogo screen, and not being able to get into their phones. Comex, the creator of JailbreakMe, has put up a set of instructions to fix this problem.
The actual JailbreakMe website has been updated to fix the problem for new jailbreakers, but if you currently have the issue, follow his instructions.
A bug in JailbreakMe 3.0 could cause iPhone 4 (CDMA, i.e. Verizon) to get stuck at the Apple logo and be unable to boot. If you are in this situation, there are two options:
- Hold down the home and power buttons until you see “Connect to iTunes”, then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. This will lose data stored on the phone.
- Apply a quasi-experimental fix using redsn0w. Download:
- redsn0w 0.9.6rc19: Windows / Mac (do not use an earlier version)
- Fix bundle, depending on firmware version: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
- IPSW for your firmware version, if you don’t have it: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 /4.2.8
Open redsn0w, select your IPSW, choose “Install custom bundle“, and select the fix bundle. Then follow the directions. If it works correctly, after installation your phone will boot normally.
There is a separate bug where choosing “Re-jailbreak” would cause a device to be unable to boot. If you have this issue and don’t want to restore, contact me.
This is an experimental fix, so be careful, and make sure you follow the instructions exactly, and hopefully everything will go smoothly.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
|Jailbreak Walkthrough: How To Jailbreak||Everything About JailbreakMe 3.0||JailbreakMe 3.0 is Out; Jailbreaks iPad 2||JailbreakMe – Safari Based Jailbreaking|
Incoming Search Terms:
jailbreakme for cracked screens (1) jailbreakme for verison (1)
Matthew Dias is a true Apple Fanboy. He specializes in everything Apple related, including jailbreaking and news.