Editor’s Note: This tutorial was demonstrated on Mac OS X Snow Leopard running iTunes 10.
Many think that it’s impossible to create an iTunes account without entering credit card information or buying and iTunes Gift Card. This is certainly a barrier for some people, as they may not yet own a credit card, and are not willing to actually spend money on their iPod, iPhone, etc. Well, there is a solution!
The steps below will show you how to create an iTunes account without any kind of purchase or any personal information. It is 100% free, and is guaranteed to work as of February of 2010. The steps are below, and they are easy to follow.
1. First, go to the iTunes store and find any free content. This may include the Song of the Week, free podcasts, or iPhone applications. Click on the “Buy” button below the album artwork, or app artwork, etc.
2. You will be prompted to enter your iTunes account information. In the popup box that appears, there should be a button called “Create New Account.” Click this button.
3. Agree to all the crap that they say, just get to the page where you have to input information.
4. Fill in all the information (if you don’t want to insert any personal information, I suggest you make stuff up. It won’t matter unless you buy any paid content. However, you must input a valid email address. You can simply create a new one just for iTunes). On thebox where it says “Credit Card,” select none (screenshot below).
5. Fill in the rest of the crap and activate your account. You should now be able to access all free content on iTunes with your FREE account. Enjoy!
Please note that as iTunes updates, Apple may close this “loophole.” If for any reason you are not having success on this, please feel free to leave a comment. I will reply as soon as possible!!
If you liked this article, you may also like:
|iTunes Tutorial: Using the iTunes Wish List||iTunes Tutorial: Share Your iTunes Content!||iTunes Tutorial: Scratched Off Your iTunes Gift Card Code?||iOS Tutorial: Redeeming iTunes Codes|
Incoming Search Terms:
icloud without credit card (46) icloud account without credit card (30) create icloud account without credit card (28) icloud no credit card (11) register icloud account without credit card (9) itunes 10 5 without credit card (9) icloud credit card (7) icloud account no credit card (6) iphone 4s account without credit card (5) create itunes account walk through (5)
Charles is the founder and administrator of iTracki.com. After years of following and keeping up with Apple products, he founded this website and worked with others to bring the best news, reviews, tutorials, and editorials straight to you.