The Voice Memos app on your iDevice can be extremely useful when you’re looking for perhaps record a lecture, or perform a variety of other audio-related tasks. Her are two useful tips on how to improve the organization of your Voice Memos, by renaming them and trimming them down.
Renaming A Voice Memo:
By default, voice memos are organized by the date and time that they are recorded. However, as the number of memos you have recorded grows, it can be difficult keeping track of which memo is which, when all you have to go by is the date that you recorded it. Luckily, there is a built in feature within the Voice Memos app that allows you to quickly and easily rename any of your memos. Here’s how to do it:
- Open up the Voice Memos app and access the list of voice memos that have been previously recorded (to do this, tap the list icon on the bottom right of the screen.)
- Tap the (>) button next to the voice memo that you would like to rename.
- You will be a provided with a list of labels. Your choices are None, Podcast, Interview, Lecture, Idea, Meeting, Memo, and Custom. If you would like to name the memo whatever you like, then choose “Custom.”
- Type your own label.
That’s it! You can do this with all the memos you have previously recorded, and all the ones you will record in the future. Suddenly, the voice memos app seems a lot more organized, doesn’t it?
Trimming a Voice Memo:
Aside from renaming voice memos straight from the built in iOS Voice Memo app, you can also trim them down. Here’s how to do it:
- Access the list of voice memos again, and tap then (>) button next to the voice memo you would like to trim.
- Tap the “Trim Memo” button. It should be close to the middle of the screen, to the left.
- A new bar will appear on the bottom of the screen, with a bar that you can drag to choose which parts of the memo you would like to cut off. Drag the edges of the bar to trim the memo.
- Tap the “Trim Voice Memo” button to save your changes.
Unfortunately, it should be noted that this is a permanent change. You cannot revert the trim, so make sure that you have it trimmed exactly the way you want it before finalizing your changes. You can preview the voice memo trim by tapping the play button on the voice memo trim screen.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
|New iPad 3 Purchase Quantities Removed||AT&T Memo Gives Hint on iPhone 5 Release Date?||An In-depth Look at Siri Voice Assistant Commands||Apple Adding ‘Assistant’ Feature to iOS 5?|
Incoming Search Terms:
ios voice memos (18) how to trim voice memo iphone (11) ios voice memo (10) how to rename voice memos on iphone (9) how to trim voice memos on mac (9) trim voice memo (8) trim voice memo iphone (6) voice memos ios (6) iphone trim voice memo (5) how to trim a voice memo on iphone (4)
Charles is the founder and administrator of iTracki.com. After years of following and keeping up with Apple products, he founded this website and worked with others to bring the best news, reviews, tutorials, and editorials straight to you.