This is a walkthrough for how to jailbreak any iDevice on the latest iOS firmware using Redsn0w. It works for all devices on their latest firmwares except for the original iPod Touch, iPad 2, and Verizon iPhone.
1. Create a folder anywhere called Pwnage. This is where the installation of Redsn0w is going to go. Download Redsn0w and the appropriate firmware for your device from the downloads section below, and extract/put the files in the Pwnage folder.
2. Connect your device using the USB cable, and open iTunes. You can sync your device to back it up now if you would like. (This is recommended.)
3. Navigate to the screen in iTunes for your device. Option-click the restore button on Mac or Shift-click it on Windows. Select the firmware that you downloaded in the Pwnage folder. Let iTunes restore your device to the firmware.
4. Open the Redsn0w app from your Pwnage folder. Click Browse and select the same firmware from the Pwnage folder.
5. Click next, and after it has verified your IPSW file, select the options you would like Redsn0w to perform. If you just want a standard jailbreak, just choose the “Install Cydia” option.
7. Click next and then follow the directions to put your device in DFU mode. Make sure you get the timing right otherwise you will have to start over. Hold power and home down for 10 seconds and then let go of power but keep holding home until Redsn0w gives you confirmation that it has recognized it.
9. Your device will reboot again and when it is finished, you will be jailbroken with Cydia installed. Click Finish in Redsn0w to exit the program.
10. Open iTunes and the setup window will guide you through restoring all of your data to your newly jailbroken device.
11. Congratulations, you’re done! Check out our other jailbreak tutorials for help with things you can do once you are jailbroken.
iPhone 4 (GSM) – 4.3.3
iPhone 3G[S] – 4.3.3
iPhone 3G – 4.2.1
iPhone 2G – 3.1.3
iPod Touch 4 – 4.3.3
iPod Touch 3 – 4.3.3
iPod Touch 2 – 4.2.1
iPad – 4.3.3
If you liked this article, you may also like:
|JailbreakMe Fix for Verizon iPhones Available||RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta 2 now available||Redsn0w Releases iOS 5 Beta 5 Jailbreak Weeks Before Actual…||iPhone OS 4 Available on iTunes|
Incoming Search Terms:
jailbreak walkthrough (196) ios 5 jailbreak walkthrough (19) redsn0w walkthrough (15) walkthrough for jailbreak (14) ipad jailbreak walkthrough (13) prison break app walkthrough (13) jailbreak app walkthrough (13) jail break walkthrough (12) jailbreak ios 5 walkthrough (11) walkthrough jailbreak (9)
Matthew Dias is a true Apple Fanboy. He specializes in everything Apple related, including jailbreaking and news.